- Ease of Use, Flexibility and Power
- No Programming Skills Required
- Learn How to Use In Minutes and Be Productive In A Few Hours
- Anyone Can Create and Deploy Time Sensitive Information Quickly
- Easy-to-Use Interface and Simple Navigation
- Enables Effective and Efficient Multimedia Communications
- Single-click Publishing
- Single File Executable
- AICC, SCORM, LRN Standards
- Proven Integration
- Destination Neutral Output
- Multimedia Support - Images, Audio, Video, Flash
- No Plug-Ins Required
- Customizable Elements/Objects
- Complete Content Creation Solution
Some newer features:
- Author Control to protect your title from inadvertent manipulation by others
- Comprehensive Metadata for Content Objects
- Intelligent Publishing to publish only the revisions to update existing content
- Command Line Publishing
- New Actions & Action Settings
- Scoring for Individual Test Sections
- Test Score Exclusion from Overall Grade (AICC / SCORM) only
- Expanded form Customization
- Support for (CSS) Cascading Style Sheets Object(s)
- New List Types
- New predefined Variables
- Bookmarking Option for AICC / SCORM
- New Design Gallery
- The Learning Center, A self guided Tutorial
Programming-Free, Drag and drop Authoring & Publishing
- Authoring Pro features simple drag and drop authoring designed to enable the nonprogrammer to easily build interactive
multimedia content. Authoring Pro also features 'single-click' publishing to webready HTML, CD, single file executable
and SCORM and AICC content standards without the need for programming knowledge.
Find and Replace Text
- Convenient find and replace text tool helps you find and replace specific text without having to
search the entire project.
- Print single page, page range, or all pages in a title with the click of a button.
Provides the ability to present an idea when a computer isnt available, edit hard copies, or keep a physical record
of a title.
Automatic Error Checking
- Print the errors or use the active error list to click the error and make any necessary corrections
on the fly.
- Jump start a project using one of more than 100 professionally designed templates.
Import from Existing Title
Import External HTML Objects
- Promotes a collaborative authoring environment. With import functionality, multiple members of an organization
can simultaneously work on a project. Chapters, sections, pages, or individual media objects can then be imported
and combined into a single collective title. This feature also makes it easy for subject matter experts to share
information across an organization.
Ability to import scripts, applets, meta tags, ASP and JSP scripts, and additional HTML code created outside
of Authoring Pro. Dramatically increases the dynamics of authoring.
- Electronic forms can be easily created by simply dragging and dropping form elements such
as form fields, radio buttons, check boxes, pick lists, and drop down menus. Configure forms to receive and
return real-time two-way data.
- Import Flash movie files directly into the Authoring Pro workspace. Manipulate size, position,
and add actions in Edit mode, then preview the animation in its entirety in Run and Preview modes.
Advanced Testing Features
- Create complete assessments, pre-tests, quizzes, and surveys using any combination of true/false, multiple choice, matching, drag and drop, fill in the blank, essay, and short answer questions. Testing options include automated
grading, multiple or single page testing, custom feedback, timed testing, randomization, branching paths, and more!
SCORM Conformant, AICC Certified
- Authoring Pro Publisher has been tested and certified to meet the latest SCORM specifications and AICC certification guidelines. These specifications allow for the development of common open architecture guidelines for interoperable
Dynamic Actions Palette
- Authoring Pros user-friendly Actions Palette enables users to create interactivity, learning exercises, learning paths, and
more using a wide range of actions.
- Go beyond the basics using advanced features including variable logic, form post and get functions, and PHP, ASP, and
- Build advanced dynamic functionality and tracking such as automatic page numbering, elapsed timing, logical branching,
advanced results tracking, browser checks, and more. Set conditions on variables to create unlimited interactive
possibilities. All variable data can be retained and reported.
Advanced Testing Features
- Use any combination of true/false, multiple choice, essay, short answer, drag-and-drop, fill-in-the-blank, or matching question formats. Easily create pre-tests, random quizzes, surveys, and comprehensive tests to measure knowledge retention, track student progress, and obtain valuable feedback. Results are easily recorded and tracked electronically.
- Functions that typically require complicated programming scripts can be added using intuitive menu selections. Easily
create interactive, media-rich titles with options like page delays, external program and document launching, multi-state
buttons, showing and hiding objects, mouseovers, hot spots, and more.
- The inheritance feature provides the ability to share the same object among chapters, sections, and pages saving
considerable development time and minimizing course download times.
Internal & External Content Organization
- Authoring Pro's content organization provides a visual, efficient means of organizing
your project as well as easy access to all files.
Comprehensive Metadata Support
Each content object within Authoring Pro can be tagged with relevant metadata (meta tags) which enable
and learning, content, and knowledge management systems to identify, track, and source content.
Metadata options include custom metadata, XML file metadata and IMS metadata elements.
- Enables an author to password protect portions of a Authoring Pro title from manipulation
by others. Ensures consistency and prevents inadvertent errors in collaborative authoring environments.
Test Question Feedback
- Generate instant feedback based on user responses.
Grading and Results Tracking Completely Customizable,Questions & Tests
- The creative freedom in developing content pages for which Authoring Pro is famous
extends to questions. Authoring Pro provides total control over the look and appearance of each question, test,
quiz, or survey plus the ability to include a wide range of multimedia and interactivity into assessments.
- Automated grading capability with results submitted via e-mail,
CGI, XML, AICC, or SCORM. Integrates with any standards-based Learning Management Systems.
References and Reference Lists Save Title as a Template
- Easily attribute content and individual media objects throughout a project by author, title of work,
web address, publisher, and date of publication.
- Automatically generate a comprehensive reference list at the end of the course of all
content referenced in the course. Ensures attribution and helps avoid copyright infringements.
- Design a project outline, instructional design template, or website framework and save it as a
template. Authoring Pro automatically takes a mini-screen shot of the first page of the template and
stores it in an easily accessible template menu for quick recall.
- Share your designs across an organization.
Object Visibility States in Edit Mode
- Control the visibility state of objects in the editing environment.
Keeps editing workspace clean making multilayering of objects easier and more efficient.
- Pop-up information such as instant feedback, notes, sidebars, factoids, tidbits, and
surprises is easy to create and launch with Authoring Pro. All pop-up information is customizable.
Fly In and Fly Out Animation
- Add sizzle to content with fly-in and fly-out animations of objects.
Optional Table of Contents
- Authoring Pro automatically maps your course and generates an optional table of contents for easy user navigation saving
significant development time. Includes three viewing options as well as the ability to exclude specific chapters,
sections, pages, or tests from the table of contents.
- SCORM 1.2 Conformant, AICC Certified, and LRN Compliant Publish to Cisco CDN Automatic Image Conversion to I
nternet-Ready Formats.Click here to open an Introduction to SCORM in a new screen window
- Any supported image types may be used without the worry of whether or not the image will transfer to the web.
- Instantly publish your courses to a format that integrates with Learning Management Systems (LMS) following the AICC,
SCORM, and LRN standards. Authoring Pro features complete IMS metadata support.
- Integrates with the Cisco Content Delivery Network (CDN). Enables content service
providers to store and distribute content closer to the end user.
- Instantly publish to the Internet, CD-ROM, Single-File Executable, AICC, SCORM, LRN, Cisco CDN,
CourseMill, and more.
Authoring Pro can do in seconds what it takes a programmer many hours to complete. Publishing is done quickly and efficiently with the click of a button. There is no need for personal knowledge
of programming code
Built-in Zip Functionality
- Option to automatically compress your published work into one compact zip file,
saving time and hassle.
Built-in Render Text as Image for HTML Publishing
- Option to convert text to graphics for aesthetic or security purposes.
Never worry if someone is going to have the font or settings you use. Prevent your proprietary information from
easily being copied.
Automatic Upload to the Internet (FTP)
- A built-in File Transfer Protocol (FTP) engine automatically transfers files
to the internet or intranet location of your choice. No third party application required.
- Provides the option to only publish and upload content that has been revised, edited, or altered. Eliminates unnecessary
publishing and reduces production time.
- Choose from a gallery of pre-designed and pre-wired buttons or create your own custom buttons.
Makes creating navigation quick and easy.
- Choose from a gallery of pre-designed backgrounds or create your own custom background.
- Easily align and space objects to the left, right, top, bottom, or along the vertical or horizontal page centers for a clean,
- Authoring Pro sets up your new title in a quick, easy, and efficient manner.
You select the features, Authoring Pro creates the framework and look.
- Check for spelling errors on the current page or throughout the project.
XHTML 1.0-strict compliancy
- Any title produced in Authoring Pro is in compliance with the most up to-date Internet standards.
- In addition to standard publishing options, Authoring Pro integration packs are available to add
additional Publish To options which enables Authoring Pro to seamlessly publish directly to systems such as NETg,
WebCT, and Blackboard.
Seamlessly link different internal or external video, audio, image, text, and other editing applications to form a single authoring network with Authoring Pro as the central hub. Move instantly to an editing application and back to Authoring Pro rapidly preparing content for publication.
Easily capture, crop, edit, and import screen shots for software tutorials, presentations, demonstrations, and more.
Record real-time screen interactions with or without audio voiceover including mouse movements, mouse clicks, drop down menus, data field entry, and more.
Automatically import into Authoring Pro as .avi movie or .gif animation.
Produce animated software simulations and application tutorials easier and faster.
Open and edit video files on the fly directly from the Authoring Pro.
Cut, copy, paste, trim, and add music or voice-over to video frames.
Conveniently edit videos without moving to an external application.
Record audio files using a built-in or external microphone.
Easily cut, copy, paste, trim, fade-in, fade-out, compress, add silence, and more.
Open and edit existing audio files as well.
Quickly and easily create voice-overs, instructional presentation, audio guides, etc.
Edit photos and graphics using the built-in image editor.
Features include cropping, resizing, paint tools, filters, special effects, erasing, magnification, rotation, and transformation.
Also adjust brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, and more.
Efficiently edit and create images and animations without leaving Authoring Pro.
Saves time and effort.
Create frame-to-frame animated GIFs using this user friendly tool.
Add interactivity, visual appeal, and impact.
Questions compliant with QTI standard can be imported directly into the Authoring Pro Suite and
republished with full standard support.
Export existing Authoring Pro questions to the QTI format.
Ensures that questions can be universally exchanged among QTI compliant products by publishing
to the prevailing standard.